iPhoneAppsPlus->Healthcare & Fitness->Kid Care
Last changed: Jan 21, 2010
Category: Healthcare & Fitness
Size: 5.8 MB
What should you do if your child develops a fever, cough, vomiting, rash, sore throat or head injury? When can your child return to school or child care after an illness? These are medical advice questions that all parents have. Health problems can arise anytime – evenings, weekends, when you’re at work or traveling or your doctor’s office is closed.
Kid Care is designed especially for these times. The care guides help you make smart decisions on what level of care (if any) is needed and how to provide speedy symptom relief for minor illnesses or injuries you can manage on your own.
Kid Care is derived from the clinical protocols used by pediatricians and nurses in 10,000 practices and 400 nurse advice call centers in the US and Canada. They have been tested for 15 years on more than 150 million symptom calls.
Easy 3-step navigation:
Choose the most appropriate symptom care guide (out of 85)
Use the symptom decision chart to find the recommended action
Follow the self care advice to make your child more comfortable
The care guide that best matches your child’s symptom can be located quickly by using alphabetical index, body area index, or keyword search.
Content - each symptom care guide contains:
* Definition which describes the focus of the care guide so you can decide if it’s a good fit for your problem. If not, there are quick links to related guidelines.
* Decision Chart which helps determine what action is suggested based on the severity and description of your symptom. Once you have a match, simply follow the corresponding action, such as Call 911, Call Your Child’s Doctor Now, Call Your Child’s Doctor within 24 hours or Manage at Home.
* Home Care Advice is available for any illnesses and injuries that can be treated at home. The instructions provide clear, up-to-date steps for relieving symptoms.
* Pediatric dosage tables by weight for common over-the-counter medications.
* Visual images to help you identify symptoms (e.g. rashes), injuries and common causes of bites & stings.
* First Aid illustrations to support immediate action, if needed.
Disclaimer: The information provided with this Application is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment; it is for informational purposes only. Talk with your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you think your child may have a medical emergency, call the doctor or 911 immediately. Before using Kid Care, all users should read and agree with the full Disclaimer available in the application within More > Terms and Conditions.